UBHC EAP WELLNESS SEMINARS
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse in the Workplace - The signs, symptoms and effects of alcohol and substances in the workplace.
- Anger/Violence in the Workplace – Effectively intervening with anger and in the workplace.
- Anti-Bullying – Effective strategies to help schools and workplaces to provide safe and secure environments for students and staff.
- Balancing Work and Family – Creative solutions that can help one to manage the challenges associated with juggling both work and family.
- Change Management – Effectively coping with organizational change, including restructuring and downsizing, in the workplace.
- Compassion Fatigue – Offers effective strategies for identifying the signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue, a common occurrence in the helping fields, as well as tips for managing it.
- Conflict Resolution – Examines some of the common causes and strategies to effectively manage conflict in the workplace.
- Coping with Grief – Experiencing the loss of a loved one is one of the most painful things that human beings must endure. Experiencing the loss of a co-worker can lead to challenges in the work environment, some that may be unexpected. Strategies are offered for coping with the aftermath of such losses.
- Cultural Diversity – Understanding and appreciating cultural differences in the workplace.
- Department of Transportation Regulations – Covers the policies regarding drug testing and substance abuse on the job in relation to public transportation responsibilities (CDL).
- Drug Free Workplace – Policy development and employee trainings geared toward creating compliance with workplace law.
- Employee Orientation – Describes the resources available through the EAP, how to access those resources and the benefits of doing so.
- General Harassment – Covers the many different types of harassment (including Sexual Harassment) that may occur in the workplace and offers ways to effectively deal with these situations.
- Mindfulness – Offers an overview of this popular form of stress and anxiety reduction as well as tips on how to begin integrating it into everyday life.
- Professionalism – Reviews important tips and reminders for how to operate in a professional manner in the work environment.
- Sensitivity and Civility – Respect for each other is a cornerstone of effective working groups. This session explores ways in which we can enhance each other’s opportunities for success.
- Sexual Harassment – Covers the major types of sexual harassment that occur in the workplace and ways to effectively deal with these situations.
- Stress Management – To address the management of general and/or job related stress.
- Supervisor Training – Can be arranged for both supervisors and stewards. Provides information on the how, why and when of making a referral to the EAP. Explores the benefit to the work group, the employee and the employee’s family.
- Team Building – Creating productive and cohesive teams at work.
For more information please call 1-800-327-3678.