The Technical Assistance Center
As an integral part of the Behavioral Research and Training Institute, the Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care Technical Assistance Center (UBHC-TAC) enthusiastically provides training and consultation services to behavioral health care staff and the people who receive behavioral health services throughout the State of New Jersey. Our team of trainers and consultants focus on the implementation of person centered, culturally sensitive, evidence-based practices in order to build upon existing capacity to enhance quality of life for the people we serve.
The UBHC-TAC is contracted by the New Jersey Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS), with training and consultation priorities set in collaboration with DMHAS team members. Community service providers and people receiving behavioral health services may contact the TAC directly at (732) 235-9290 or email@example.com to clarify eligibility for services.
Ongoing major UBHC-TAC projects include:
- New Jersey Mental Health Screener Certification and Recertification
- Co-occurring Disorder Training and Consultation via the Co-occurring Learning Community project
- The Wellness Learning Collaborative and "Your Wellness Counts" projects
- Foundations in Behavioral Health Training Series
- Training for Long Term Care / Nursing Home services
- Illness Management and Recovery
- Consumer Advisory Council on Education and Training (CACET)
- Next 2nd Chance
- Special Projects
- Core Competency Trainings for the Implementation of Evidence-Based Practices
- Case Management Training Series
Consultation is usually provided on-site or at regional locations convenient to those involved. Trainings, emphasizing facilitated discussion and experiential learning, can be provided on-site, at a regional location, or at TAC's facility in Piscataway, NJ. The TAC's trainers and consultants have significant clinical experience and expertise in their subject areas and are eager to work with you.