The Technical Assistance Center
The Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care Technical Assistance Center (UBHC-TAC) provides training and consultation services to behavioral health and long term care staff as well as behavioral health consumers throughout New Jersey. Our team of trainers and consultants focus on the implementation of person centered, culturally sensitive, evidence-based practices in order to build capacity to enhance the quality of life of the people that we serve.
TAC is contracted by the New Jersey Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS), with training and consultation priorities set in consultation with DMHAS. Community service providers and consumers may contact the TAC directly (732-235-9290) to clarify eligibility for services.
Ongoing major UBHC-TAC projects include:
- New Jersey Mental Health Screener Certification and Recertification
- Co-occurring Disorder Training and Consultation via the Co-occurring Learning Community project
- The Wellness Learning Collaborative and "Your Wellness Counts" projects
- Core Competency Trainings for the Implementation of Evidence-Based Practices
- Training for Long Term Care / Nursing Home services
- Case Management Training Series
- Illness Management and Recovery
- Consumer Advisory Council on Education and Training (CACET)
- Special Projects
Consultation is usually provided on-site or at regional locations convenient to those involved. Trainings, emphasizing facilitated discussion and experiential learning, can be provided on-site, at a regional location, or at TAC's facility in Piscataway, NJ. The TAC's trainers and consultants have significant clinical experience and expertise in their subject areas and are eager to work with you.