UBHC Student Orientation
Instructions for Online Student Forms and Orientation Information
The UBHC student orientation has five components. NOTE: Items 1 through 4 must be completed prior to going onto your clinical placement unit.
- Read online student orientation information (see topics below)
- Complete student forms
- Attend a 60 minute live student orientation to review Infection Control/Standard Precautions, Age Specific Competencies, Cultural Diversity, HIPPA and to answer questions that you have regarding the online student orientation manual. You will also receive the information needed to obtain your student ID and parking hang tag (if needed).
- Obtain your student ID (required) and parking hang tag (if needed).
- Complete the live program based orientation the first day of your student clinical (provided by the program supervisor or designee).
All Forms: Print, read, and complete all asterisked (*) items. Bring completed form to your scheduled live student orientation.
Student Online Orientation Topics
This information must be read prior to your live student orientation. You may read the information online and/or print the documents for reference.
- Orientation Objectives
- Student Coordinator Information
- Orientation Check List
- About Rutgers – The State University of New Jersey and Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care (UBHC)
- UBHC Mission, Vision and Values
- UBHC Strategic Goals
- UBHC Table of Organization
- Philosophy of Service
- Organizational Ethics Policy
- Professional Appearance/Dress Code Policy
- Patient Bill of Rights
- Patient Advocate
- Environment of Care/Health and Safety
- Prohibited Abbreviations
- Critical Elements of the Formulation/Spirituality
- Issues of Abuse
- Reporting Child Abuse or Neglect
- Directions to Public Safety at 335 George Street for student ID and parking hang tag