The Rutgers University Program in Juvenile Justice and Youth Development has been established to recruit, train, and retain a workforce that is prepared to address the demands of juvenile justice and work with young people involved with the justice system.
Designed for a wide range of disciplines, the Juvenile Justice and Youth Development Certificate Program is a 10-course series that draws from the fields of psychology, social work, criminal justice, law, and education. Program participants may include Juvenile Justice and Child Welfare Professionals, Probation and Court Service Professionals, Judges, Social Workers, Prosecuting Attorneys, Public Defenders, Guardians Ad Litem and Child Law Attorneys, Educational Staff and Advocates, Behavioral Health Providers and Clinicians, Federal, State, and Local Policy Makers and Advocates, and other professionals working with justice-involved youth.
Who Should Attend?
The certificate program is recommended for professionals who work with justice-impacted youth in a variety of settings, including:
Juvenile Justice and Child Welfare Professionals
Probation and Court Service Professionals
Probation Officers and Managers
Guardians Ad Litem and Child Law Attorneys
Educational Staff and Advocates
Behavioral Health Providers and Clinicians
Federal, State, and Local Policy Makers and Advocates
Other professionals working with justice-involved youth
Certificate Program Benefits
If this program sounds interesting to you, here are a few benefits of participation:
- 100% online with a flexible schedule - Access all of our courses from your work, home, or wherever you can obtain access. Complete the entire program at a pace that works for you or within as little as six months if you prefer.
- Expert instructors - The best and brightest in the field serve as instructors for this program and are eager to share their expertise with you.
- Career growth - Adding this credential from Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey to your resume can open up opportunities for advancement in your field.
- Continuing Legal Education Credits (CLEs) and Continuing Education Credits /Professional Contact Hours (CEUs) included!
- Networking - All of our courses offer opportunities for discussion and collaboration with fellow students consisting of current and emerging leaders in the field of juvenile justice.
- Getting started is simple. There are no prerequisites and no application process for this program. You can register for the full certificate or enroll in one or more individual courses.
- Student support - Behind this certificate program is a dedicated team who wants you to succeed. Whether you have a question about a class, need help registering, or are experiencing technical issues, we are here to assist you.
- Be a part of the change - The multidisciplinary knowledge and experience you gain from this program will prepare you to address the demands of juvenile justice and work in innovative ways to improve outcomes for young people involved with the justice system.