An Empirically and Theoretically Sound Model for Social Emotional Learning
Services Tailored to Address New Jersey's Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying (HIB) Legislation Include:
- Training for Whole School Community Including Administrators, Anti-Bullying Coordinators, Anti-Bullying Specialists, School Safety Teams, Parents, School Boards:
- New Jersey Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying (HIB) Legislation.
- Best Practice for Creating HIB programming to enhance positive school climate and interventions to prevent and address bullying.
- Training in Social Decision Making/Problem Solving Program
- Provide Evidence Based Prevention Programming utilizing developmentally sequenced curriculum Pre-K-Grade 8 to address:
- Pro-active training of core social emotional competencies linked with the prevention of bullying and other areas of risk.
- Specific applications of skills to bullying that include student development and rehearsal of actions plans for responding to bullying as the victim or bystander.
- Address Bullying Incidents using Social Problem Solving Interventions to remediate bullying infractions (as well as other discipline issues and guidance referrals).
- Evaluation Tools to monitor and assess programming.
- Can include computer assisted technology to enhanced instruction for prevention and remedial interventions that electronically document implementation efforts and provide assessment of student learning. See Transforming Education Through Technology - Tech Gets Tough on Bullies